ECRI Institute, Plymouth Meeting, PA – Jan 2005 to present
Risk Management Analyst and Editor, Physician Practice Risk Management
- Lead development of content for healthcare risk management and patient safety membership website for federal contract.
- Responsible for researching and writing content for guidance articles, webinars, conference presentations, toolkits, and e-mail announcements.
- Serve as project manager for initiative involving 2,500 healthcare providers and staff from 31 ambulatory health centers.
- Serve as Editor of subscription-based risk management and patient safety resource website for physician offices and ambulatory care settings. Responsible for identifying content, maintaining expertise in risk management/patient safety in the ambulatory care setting, and researching and writing guidance materials and other content.
- Develop content for e-learning courses on risk management and patient safety topics for continuing medical education and nursing credits.
- Present on healthcare risk management/patient safety topics as part of webinars and outside speaking engagements and conferences.
Senior Healthcare Writer and Editor, Continuing Care Risk Management
- Served as Editor of a subscription-based print and web publication for providers and professionals in aging services settings. Responsible for identifying content, maintaining expertise in risk management/patient safety in aging services, researching and writing guidance materials, assigning projects to other writers, and writing and distributing a biweekly e-newsletter.
- Presented on aging services topics as part of biannual national conferences.
- Served as course developer and instructor for risk management certification program for aging services professionals.
- Researched and wrote guidance on healthcare risk management and patient safety topics in acute care, aging services, and ambulatory care settings.
- Reviewed other writers’ work for editorial accuracy and content.
Myrin Library, Ursinus College, Collegeville, PA – September 2000 to January 2005
Assistant librarian, administrative assistant, and circulation assistant
Received the first Myrin Library Director’s Award for outstanding service as a library student assistant.
- Served on the Myrin Library Search Committee for a new circulation supervisor (September 2002): one of two student assistants involved in the process of reviewing resumes, interviewing candidates, and choosing the final candidate for the position.